[Buildroot] Interested in board support for BeagleV-Ahead

Kilian Zinnecker kilian.zinnecker at mail.de
Thu Aug 10 11:02:32 UTC 2023

Hello Thomas, all

[--SNIP--]

> So my build broke until I changed to release-1.3.x. This makes me wonder
> about the current beaglev_defconfig: It might be broken since bumbing gcc
> to v12, but I actually don't know. I could try building an image for the
> beaglev later today?

fyi it seems that currently the build of the beaglev_defconfig actually is
broken, as I suspected (current buildroot master branch). When I try to build,
I get the following errors during starfive uboot compilation:

arch/riscv/cpu/mtrap.S: Assembler messages:
arch/riscv/cpu/mtrap.S:65: Error: unrecognized opcode `csrr a0,scause',
extension `zicsr' required
arch/riscv/cpu/mtrap.S:66: Error: unrecognized opcode `csrr a1,sepc',
extension `zicsr' required
arch/riscv/cpu/mtrap.S:67: Error: unrecognized opcode `csrr a2,stval',
extension `zicsr' required
arch/riscv/cpu/mtrap.S:70: Error: unrecognized opcode `csrw sepc,a0',
extension `zicsr' required
make[3]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:301: arch/riscv/cpu/mtrap.o] Error 1
arch/riscv/cpu/start.S: Assembler messages:
arch/riscv/cpu/start.S:65: Error: unrecognized opcode `csrw stvec,t0',
extension `zicsr' required
arch/riscv/cpu/start.S:72: Error: unrecognized opcode `csrw sie,zero',
extension `zicsr' required
arch/riscv/cpu/start.S:347: Error: unrecognized opcode `csrw stvec,t0',
extension `zicsr' required
make[3]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:301: arch/riscv/cpu/start.o] Error 1
arch/riscv/lib/cache.c: Assembler messages:
arch/riscv/lib/cache.c:12: Error: unrecognized opcode `fence.i', extension
`zifencei' required
make[3]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:266: arch/riscv/lib/cache.o] Error 1
... and more ....

I also think that there is are similar issues regarding the beaglev_defconfig
and the used, very old opensbi version and maybe also the used starfive custom
kernel version.

I could try to bump the versions or add patches until it compiles again.
However, I don't have a BeagleV currently at hand, so I would not be able to
really test what I produced afterwards. So it might be better someone else,
which has access to a BeagleV, has a look.

[--SNIP--]

Best regards,
Kilian