[Buildroot] Enable gcc ADA support on latest LTS Buildroot

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Tue Nov 3 10:35:28 UTC 2020

Hello Matteo,

On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 08:53:48 +0100
Matteo Pampolini <matteo.pampolini at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to enable ADA language to gcc together with the needed target
> libraries, I'm using the latest LTS version of Buildroot. I saw an email
> with a patch some years ago but it seems it was never put into the
> Buildroot mainline. I tried just setting --enable-languages=ada in gcc
> options but it fails, both gcc 8.x and 9.x.

Could you give details about the failures you're seeing ?

> May you please help me? Why is there no such configuration option just like
> Fortran or D?

Because nobody really pushed for that, but if you do so, we will be
happy to include support for building gcc with Ada support. It
certainly makes sense to have that in Buildroot.

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com