[Buildroot] FBTFT extension does not work out of the box

Peter Seiderer ps.report at gmx.net
Sat Jun 24 07:30:37 UTC 2023

Hello Hasan,

On Fri, 23 Jun 2023 21:22:50 +0300, Hasan Karaman <hk at hasankaraman.dev> wrote:

> What I do is:
>
> make orangepi_zero_defconfig
>
> make menuconfig
>
> Kernel > Linux Kernel Extensions > FB TFT Drivers
>
> https://github.com/notro/fbtft cannot be compiled with mainline kernel.
> So I use my modified version of fbtft driver:
>
> https://github.com/grizzlei/fbtft
>
> And when I replace
> buildoot/output/build/linux-6.1.14/drivers/video/fbdev/fbtft with my
> code, this time i get compilation errors caused by CONFIG_FB_DEFERRED_IO
> macro not being defined. Does FBTFT support depend on other features?

Maybe do not use the out of tree version, use the kernel mainline one
(drivers/staging/fbtft) as stated here [1]:

	2015-01-19
	The FBTFT drivers are now in the Linux kernel staging tree:
	https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging.git/tree/drivers/staging/fbtft?h=staging-testing
	Development in this github repo has ceased.

Regards,
Peter

[1] https://github.com/notro/fbtft/commit/855b2908380e8ca996768bf94cb4d8573690bc30