[Buildroot] Interested in board support for BeagleV-Ahead

Kilian Zinnecker kilian.zinnecker at mail.de
Sat Aug 12 09:51:47 UTC 2023

Hello Robert,

thanks for all the information you provided so far! It is much appreciated!

However, I have to digest all of it, as I am not so familiar with a lot of
thinks and I will ask some "stupid" questions ;)

[--SNIP--]

> Okay Kilian, these all build with
> x86_64-gcc-13.2.0-nolibc-riscv64-linux.tar.xz

Where exactly do I find kernel.org's x86_64-gcc-13.2.0-nolibc-riscv64-
linux.tar.xz toolchain? (Yes, my questions are that stupid ;)) Should I prefer
it to the gcc 13.2 toolchain build by buildroot natively?

> opensbi:
> https://git.beagleboard.org/beaglev-ahead/beaglev-ahead-opensbi/-/tree/0.9-> 1.1.2-ubuntu u-boot:
> https://git.beagleboard.org/beaglev-ahead/beaglev-ahead-u-boot/-/tree/beagl
> ev-v2020.01-1.1.2-ubuntu linux:
> https://git.beagleboard.org/beaglev-ahead/beaglev-ahead-linux/-/tree/beagle
> v-v5.10.113-1.1.2-ubuntu
>
> For bandwidth issues, please use the github mirrors directly in
> patches for buildroot, as these are push mirrored from
> git.beagleboard.org/ , at worst they lag by 10 minutes after a new
> commit
>
> opensbi:
> https://github.com/beagleboard/beaglev-ahead-opensbi/tree/0.9-1.1.2-ubuntu
> u-boot:
> https://github.com/beagleboard/beaglev-ahead-u-boot/tree/beaglev-v2020.01-1
> .1.2-ubuntu linux:
> https://github.com/beagleboard/linux/tree/beaglev-v5.10.113-1.1.2-ubuntu

Yes, I saw the notes about the mirrors on github on the beagleboard gitlab
page. I will use the mirrors!

> Verification ci image, available for the next 14 days..
>
> https://git.beagleboard.org/beaglev-ahead/xuantie-ubuntu/-/jobs/13303
>
> ```
> voodoo at hestia:~/Downloads$ unzip xuantie-ubuntu-1.1.2-13303.zip
> Archive:  xuantie-ubuntu-1.1.2-13303.zip
>   inflating: deploy/boot.ext4.xz
>   inflating: deploy/fastboot_emmc.sh
>   inflating: deploy/mac_fastboot_emmc.sh
>   inflating: deploy/root.ext4.xz
>   inflating: deploy/u-boot-with-spl.bin
> voodoo at hestia:~/Downloads$ cd deploy/
> voodoo at hestia:~/Downloads/deploy$ sudo ./fastboot_emmc.sh
> ```

Great, thanks! So this is then meant, that I can use it for myself to see that
my board boots with this and I can also look what is done in the scripts, so
that I can reproduce that in the buildroot board support?

Best regards,
Kilian