[Buildroot] ARC support in Buildroot

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Sat Aug 12 08:38:06 UTC 2023

On Fri, 11 Aug 2023 22:34:27 +0000
Alexey Brodkin <Alexey.Brodkin at synopsys.com> wrote:

> I'd say in coming weeks as I already started to work on clean-up and
> preparing for submission of first patches. In that sense I may handle that myself.
> One question to you though, if you prefer to have 2 patches:
>  1. Remove ARC-specific GCC & Binutils
>  2. Introduce ARCv3-specific tools: GCC, Binutils & glibc (uClibc is already upstreamed)

Are the ARCv3-specific tools going to be different than the
ARC-specific tools?

I think it could go like this:

- Update ARC-specific tools to newer versions (one patch)
- Add ARCv3 (one patch)
- Make ARC-specific tools only available for ARCv3 (one patch)

How does that sound?

Thomas Petazzoni, co-owner and CEO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering and training
https://bootlin.com