[Buildroot] Interested in board support for BeagleV-Ahead

Robert Nelson robertcnelson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 16:34:55 UTC 2023

On Wed, Aug 9, 2023 at 8:57 AM Kilian Zinnecker via buildroot
<buildroot at buildroot.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am interested in adding board support for the BeagleV-Ahead.
>
> I already started trying to setup the board support, but at the moment it does
> not work yet, due to some gcc 12 and zicsr and zifencei RiscV extension issue
> (see below).

Awesome work!

BTW, i've created a special u-boot branch for mainline gcc situations,
with *-ubuntu extension on the branch..

https://git.beagleboard.org/beaglev-ahead/beaglev-ahead-u-boot/-/tree/beaglev-v2020.01-1.1.2-ubuntu

Using kernel.org's x86_64-gcc-13.2.0-nolibc-riscv64-linux.tar.xz

I've been mostly working on mainline for the board with @Drew Fustini

Otherwise on the mainline we've been using main branch of opensbi and
linu's 6.5.x-rc (only eMMC wip support).. not much else on the
mainline branch yet..
Regards,

--
Robert Nelson