[Buildroot] Support for lapack

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Mon Aug 7 14:06:35 UTC 2023

Hello,

On Mon, 7 Aug 2023 15:41:53 +0200
Andreas <andreasembbuild at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the hint. I followed this patch. I think from the errors I saw
> my problem is most likely the toolchain. This dependency
> respectively depends on BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_FORTRAN # python-scipy. Since I
> am migrating from an old buildroot to a recent version of it might also be
> part of the problem. I know the toolchain menu in the menu config but like
> to set it programatically in the build config.

Not sure to understand what you mean here by "set it programmatically".

> But I don't know how exactly
> and which options depend on what. Basically I think I need a toolchain with
> support for c++, wchar, threads, fortran, openblas and arch.

Then use a toolchain that provides all of this, or ask Buildroot to
build its own toolchain with those features enabled.

> I found this
> resource:
> http://underpop.online.fr/b/buildroot/en/dependencies-target-toolchain-options.htm.gz

Not sure why you go to some random website. This content comes from the
Buildroot manual, see section 18.2.4 at
https://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html.

> but
> still don't know how to set it properly in the config. Can you point me to
> an example?

I don't quite understand what problem you're trying to solve, so it's
quite difficult to help.

Best regards,

Thomas Petazzoni, co-owner and CEO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering and training
https://bootlin.com