[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2023-04-02

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Mon Apr 3 08:53:52 UTC 2023

Hello Bagas,

On Mon, 3 Apr 2023 15:03:20 +0700
Bagas Sanjaya <bagasdotme at gmail.com> wrote:

> >              name              |       CVE        |                             link
> > -------------------------------+------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------
> >                            git | CVE-2022-24765   | https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2022-24765
> Should have been already fixed by upstream release v2.31.7 (which is
> already in Buildroot).

The NVD information says versions up to 2.35.2 are affected:
https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2022-24765.

If 2.31.x a maintenance branch into which the fix has been backported?

> >                            git | CVE-2022-24975   | https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2022-24975
> It is known outstanding issue (maybe docfix upstream is enough)?

This is a pretty silly CVE :-/ Complaining about the doc not making
things clear enough? Sounds odd. I think in the context of Buildroot,
we could ignore it.

> >                            git | CVE-2022-41953   | https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2022-41953
> Windows-specific.
> >                            git | CVE-2023-22743   | https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2023-22743
> Again, Windows-specific.

For both of these, and probably CVE-2022-24975, you can send a patch
adding those CVEs to GIT_IGNORE_CVES, and bit like this:

# CVE only affects the documentation
GIT_IGNORE_CVES += CVE-2022-24975

# CVEs only affect Windows systems
GIT_IGNORE_CVES += CVE-2022-41953 CVE-2023-22743

Thanks a lot for following-up on this, it's nice to see that some
Buildroot contributors are looking into the CVE details!

Best regards,

Thomas Petazzoni, co-owner and CEO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering and training
https://bootlin.com