[Buildroot] Changing configuration options of package in another one

Quentin Schulz quentin.schulz at theobroma-systems.com
Fri Oct 14 12:48:35 UTC 2022

Hi Jesse,

On 10/13/22 15:06, Jesse Van Gavere wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm in a bit of a peculiar situation for which I'm not sure what the
> correct solution is.
> I'm trying to implement the qt6 remote objects package, this has a
> dependency on host-qt6remoteobjects because it needs a host tool from
> it to build the target package, however, to build the host package it
> needs qt6base network enabled in the host qt6 build, this is by
> default turned off as it's not a necessity for the host tools needed
> to build the target package.
>
> So to make it work I've added an enable for the network module to
> HOST_QT6BASE_CONF_OPTS but this seems like a bit of a dirty solution,
> what should I do here? Manipulate the qt6 host build it in the remote
> objects package? Or maybe turn on the network module for the qt6 host
> build whenever the target qt6 network module gets enabled?

Not sure I have entirely understood the issue but here's a try anyways :)

I would add a build option to the host qt6 for network support in
Kconfig, then have your remote objects package depends on this option
being selected. If it's not selected, your package won't be selected
either, which is what is desired I think?

Cheers,
Quentin