[Buildroot] defconfig with wayland support?

Michael Despault mike at wewearmanyhats.com
Wed Nov 23 00:46:54 UTC 2022

I'm struggling to get a buildroot generated system up and running that has
working wayland support.  My primary goal is simply to be able to get an
embedded system that can run and display wayland applications, using the
buildroot system.  I've found examples of other configs that claim to have
X11 support, but nothing on wayland.  Poking around in "make menuconfig"
I've done what I can to enable any wayland/weston related options, but
currently I'm hitting this build error:

Run-time dependency libdrm found: NO (tried pkgconfig and cmake)
output/build/wlroots-0.14.1/meson.build:99:0: ERROR: Dependency "libdrm"
not found, tried pkgconfig and cmake

This happens when I try and build meson.  Has anyone had success getting an
embedded system (via buildroot) going with wayland working out of the box?
Hoping someone would be able to share their defconfig file with the
appropriate options, or at least share the essential components to enable
in make menuconfig.  Barebones is fine and not concerned so much about
architecture right now, but currently testing on X86_64 with the intent to
target aarch64 eventually.

Thanks,
Mike

*Mike Despault*