[Buildroot] libcurl ignores default buildroot CA bundle

Dimi Tomov dimi at tpm.dev
Sun Jun 5 10:04:44 UTC 2022

make libcurl-dirclean forced a rebuild with  wolfssl as the crypto
backend, however --with-ca-path does not work. Error below:

checking default CA cert bundle/path... configure: error: --with-ca-path
only works with OpenSSL, GnuTLS or mbedTLS

How to enable buildroot CA bundle for libcurl when using wolfssl?

Thanks,
Dimi

On 2022-06-05 11:32 AM, Dimi Tomov wrote:
> I think I found another issue:
>
> $make libcurl-reconfigure does not change the cryptopgrahic provider
> for curl.
>
> I change the option using make menuconfig and I see it reflected in my
> buildroot config.
>
> ps: about curl w/ openssl, my board had its date set to May instead of
> June and this was the issue.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dimi
>
> On 2022-06-05 11:16 AM, Dimi Tomov wrote:
>> I forgot to mention that I have updated the system clock using data &
>> hwclock -wu and the issue with libcurl and ca-certificates packages
>> persists.
>>
>> On 2022-06-05 10:24 AM, Dimi Tomov wrote:
>>> Hell Martin and Baruch,
>>>
>>> Issue persist after building my buildroot image with libcurl and
>>> openssl as a cryptographic provider, ca-certificates package
>>> installed
>>> properly and in default location. Error message only changed a bit:
>>>
>>> # curl https://google.com
>>> curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: certificate is not yet valid
>>> More details here: https://curl.se/docs/sslcerts.html
>>>
>>> curl failed to verify the legitimacy of the server and therefore
>>> could not
>>> establish a secure connection to it. To learn more about this
>>> situation and
>>> how to fix it, please visit the web page mentioned above.
>>>
>>> ^the above page mentions that a CA bundle is missing.
>>>
>>> However, /etc/ssl/certs is deployed properly by the buildroot make
>>> and
>>> sdcard image.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks,