[Buildroot] libcurl ignores default buildroot CA bundle

Dimi Tomov dimi at tpm.dev
Sat Jun 4 18:16:08 UTC 2022

Hello Baruch,

I may have found an issue with the libcurl package.

The libcurl.mk file lacks CA path when built with wolfssl instead of
openssl.

ifeq ($(BR2_PACKAGE_LIBCURL_WOLFSSL),y)
LIBCURL_CONF_OPTS += --with-wolfssl=$(STAGING_DIR)/usr
LIBCURL_DEPENDENCIES += wolfssl
else
LIBCURL_CONF_OPTS += --without-wolfssl
endif

I tried adding LIBCURL_CONF_OPTS += --with-ca-path=/etc/ssl/certs in the
above if case and rebuild, but this did not solve the issue. Could you
please take a look?

Thanks,

Dimi

On 2022-06-04 07:43 PM, Dimi Tomov wrote:
> Hello Buildroot community,
>
> I have a STM32MP1 target and my buildroot image has both the curl and
> ca-certificates package installed. However, curl fails to authenticate
> any https requests:
>

> # curl https://google.com
>
> curl: (77)  CA signer not available for verification
>

> Do I need to do some extra buildroot configuration for libcurl to use
> the CA bundle in /etc/ssl/certs?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dimi Tomov
> --