[Buildroot] Error msg while using toolchain compiler

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Wed Jun 1 12:26:11 UTC 2022

Hello Reinoud,

On Wed, 1 Jun 2022 02:09:21 +0000
Reinoud Koornstra <sockstat at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
> I did configure a toolchain to be built (make sdk) and copied and extracted the tar ball to another machine.
> On there I did run relocate-sdk.sh
>
> As this toolchain is another one compared to the default gcc installed on that machine I specific it by CC= and then make bla bla
> The error is get is:
> x86_64-buildroot-linux-gnu-gcc: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by x86_64-buildroot-linux-gnu-gcc)

Could you provide more details on how you're using the toolchain?
Indeed, if incorrect flags are passed to the toolchain, it may cause it
to look for libraries in /lib.

But if you don't provide more details, we unfortunately can't really
comment :-/

Thomas Petazzoni, co-owner and CEO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering and training
https://bootlin.com