[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2022-04-14

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Tue Apr 19 18:43:41 UTC 2022

On Tue, 19 Apr 2022 18:41:44 +0100
Francis Laniel <flaniel at linux.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I think upstream code has actually a problem buildroot test infrastructure
> highlighted.
> So, from my understanding, the best solution would be to patch upstream
> libbpf.
> Indeed, I do not think adding a buildroot package will solve this problem.
>
> Were you suggesting than by adding a buildroot package we could add a local
> patch to fix this behavior?

What I meant is that pahole bundles libbpf as a git submodule, but can
also use an external libbpf. In the context of Buildroot, we would very
much prefer to have a separate host-libbpf package, with host-pahole
depending on it (and not using its own copy of libbpf).

Best regards,

Thomas Petazzoni, co-owner and CEO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering and training
https://bootlin.com