[Buildroot] Using an older package than the one provided by BR

Jacques Samoun jacques.samoun33 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 16:18:16 UTC 2021

Hello,

I know that the following is not supported, for a lot of reason, but:

I am using a quite recent version of BR (embedded platform, ARM base) which
comes with openssh 8.6p1. However, as i have to support legacy connected
devices, i discovered that "old" ssh clients (7.1, 7.3, etc ..) have
sometimes problems connecting to ssh server 8.6p1.
So i am contemplating the option of "downgrading" the openssh package to
something like "7.6" but still keeping my BR at the same version.
I also know that there might be compatibility issues with newer libs, etc
.. However, this is worth a try.

What do guys think is the best way to do so ?

Thanks,
Jacques