[Buildroot] 2020.02 Buildroot - Qt 5.12 missing XmlListModel

Nimai Mahajan nimaim at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 20:23:21 UTC 2020

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020, 2:23 PM Peter Seiderer <ps.report at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 09:20:28 -0500 (CDT), nimaim <nimaim at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > To the Qt maintainers ... it seems Qt 5.12 moved some libs from the old,
> now
> > deprecated qt5declarative package to qt5xmlpatterns. See here:
> > https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/60889. Some of the components such as
> > XmlListModel are no longer working (as well as other libs that it
> included,
> > I'm guessing). See directory listing for this particular module between
> 5.9
> > and 5.12 builds in Buildroot:
> >
> > 5.9:
> >
> > find . -name *"xmllistmodel*"
> > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/src/quick/doc/images/qml-xmllistmodel-example.png
> > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/src/imports/xmllistmodel
> > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/src/imports/xmllistmodel/xmllistmodel.pro
> > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/src/imports/xmllistmodel/.obj/qqmlxmllistmodel.o
> >
> ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/src/imports/xmllistmodel/.obj/moc_qqmlxmllistmodel_p.o
> >
> ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/src/imports/xmllistmodel/.moc/moc_qqmlxmllistmodel_p.cpp
> > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/src/imports/xmllistmodel/.moc/qqmlxmllistmodel.moc
> > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/src/imports/xmllistmodel/qqmlxmllistmodel_p.h
> > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/src/imports/xmllistmodel/qqmlxmllistmodel.cpp
> >
> ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/qml/QtQuick/XmlListModel/libqmlxmllistmodelplugin.so
> > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/tests/auto/quick/qquickxmllistmodel
> > ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/tests/auto/quick/qquickxmllistmodel/
> qquickxmllistmodel.pro
> >
> ./qt5declarative-5.9.4/tests/auto/quick/qquickxmllistmodel/tst_qquickxmllistmodel.cpp
> >
> > 5.12:
> >
> > find . -iname "*xmllistmodel*"
> > NO RESULTS
>
> Enable 'BR2_PACKAGE_QT5XMLPATTERNS=y' in your buildroot .config file?
>
> Regards,
> Peter

Thank you for getting back to me Peter.

No, that does not fix it as I already have it enabled. Explicitly adding QT
+= xmlpatterns to the .pro file. also does not work. It is unable to find
it because it's never built. I showed the dir listing of Qt 5.12.x on my
host because it shows it truly is a separate lib, so while it's part of the
xmlpatterns package now, it should still build a qmlxmllistmodelplugin.so
as far as I can see.

> Note: the suggestion is completely untested, in case it does not help
> (maybe some target install handling is missing) please provide
> a failing defconfig (and a failing example - best from qt5-examples
> BR2_PACKAGE_QT5BASE_EXAMPLES=y and /usr/lib/qt/examples/... on
> the target)...

I will post my defconfig in a bit, on mobile at the moment. I can also
build the examples and run it if you think it would help, just to ensure Qt
and other QtQuick components are working, but the simple error message you
get if you have a dependency on "import QtQuick.XmlListModel" is: "module
"QtQuick.XmlListModel" is not installed".

I was just wondering if you saw something amiss at a quick glance to fix
this. I'll dig around some more and compare it to the old Qt 5.9.x Makefile
from an older BR.