[Buildroot] SSH server starts too late

Hammami Omar omar18hammami at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 12:33:58 UTC 2020

Hello,

My problem is not resolved yet.
In fact, I have known that the libopenssl *1.1.1d* use getrandom function
in blocking mode.
So to disable this I have applied the modification below in
*crypto/rand/rand_unix.c* . But my problem is not resolved. In fact, my ssh
server starts too late (after ~2 minutes).

patch :
*# if defined(__linux) && defined(__NR_getrandom) *

* - return syscall(__NR_getrandom, buf, buflen, 0); *
*  +   return syscall(__NR_getrandom, buf, buflen, * *GRND_NONBLOCK* *);*

Did I miss something ?

In fact, I applied this modification because I saw that my ssh server
started only if the* nonblocking pool was initialized*.

Is it possible that  "*OPENSSL_RAND_SEED_GETRANDOM"* is not defined ?

*Note :*
I am using the openssh version* 8.1p1*

Kind regards,
Omar