[Buildroot] Cannot build glibc for ARM with GCC10

Romain Naour romain.naour at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 21:35:30 UTC 2020

Hi, Yegor, Thomas,

Le 27/06/2020 à 19:18, Yegor Yefremov a écrit :
> Hi Thomas,
>
> On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 4:43 PM Thomas Petazzoni
> <thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 18:51:57 +0200
>> Yegor Yefremov <yegorslists at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I just wanted to test GCC10 with glibc and encountered the following error:
>>
>> Did you try with the updated glibc version, provided by the following
>> patch series:
>>
>> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/list/?series=182049
>
> The patch series has solved my problem.

Indeed, glibc 2.30 doesn't contain fixes for gcc 10, only glibc 2.31 build with
gcc 10.

We are up-to-date on the glibc 2.30 stable branch, so even glibc upstream didn't
backported gcc 10 fixes.

I currently backported 6 patches from glibc 2.31 to start fixing the build but
glibc still doesn't build. I'm not sure it's worth the effort... I would suggest
to disable glibc 2.30 with gcc 10.

Best regards,
Romain