[Buildroot] semange utility is not getting installed in the target from selinux-python package (Requiered for SE-Linux)

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Fri Oct 18 08:14:16 UTC 2019

Hello,

On Thu, 17 Oct 2019 18:49:18 +0000 (UTC)
sadasivan shaiju <shaiju_sada at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have built and installed buildroot  image . But I see that the
> semange  utility is not getting installed .  This utily is included
> in the tar.gz  package . But it is got getting build or installed ?
> Is there any purticular reason why this utility is not included ?

Because nobody needed it so far.

> Can I include it ?  Or is there an alternative tool ?

Yes, you can include it, add an option for it in
package/selinux-python/Config.in, and adjust
package/selinux-python/selinux-python.mk to install it.

Best regards,

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com