[Buildroot] systemd: /var/tmp missing from skeleton

lpdev at cordier.org lpdev at cordier.org
Wed Oct 30 17:45:24 UTC 2019

Hello,

Just spotted an issue with the systemd package (note: I'm currently working on buildroot 2019.08.1 tag). Some services on my build are not started properly such as systemd-hostnamed.service, systemd-resolved.service and systemd-timesyncd.service.

Some debugging unveiled that all these services are depending on /var/tmp existence (they all have the "PrivateTmp=yes" in their unit). Without this folder on the target filesystem, services will return "Failed to run 'start' task: No such file or directory".

In order to fix that issue and submit a patch, I would like to be sure I did not miss a config in buildroot. I think the fix should take place in SKELETON_INIT_SYSTEMD_INSTALL_TARGET_CMDS located in package/skeleton-init-systemd.mk. Am I right?

Thanks,

Louis-Paul CORDIER