[Buildroot] [git commit] DEVELOPERS: drop odroidc2 from Dagg Stompler

Romain Naour romain.naour at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 18:37:27 UTC 2019

Hi Dagg,

Le 11/08/2019 à 19:14, daggs a écrit :
> Greetings Romain,
>
>> Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2019 at 11:56 PM
>> From: "Romain Naour" <romain.naour at gmail.com>
>> To: daggs <daggs at gmx.com>
>> Cc: "Bernd Kuhls" <bernd.kuhls at t-online.de>, buildroot at uclibc.org
>> Subject: Re: [Buildroot] [git commit] DEVELOPERS: drop odroidc2 from Dagg Stompler
>>
>> Hi Daggs,
>>
>> Le 10/08/2019 à 22:40, daggs a écrit :
>>> Greetings Naour,

>>> it is good to know, I'd assume that if a proper kernel and mesa support is in place, kodi will surly work, I only hope hw decoding is supported too.
>>> unfortunately, that doesn't increase the likelihood of the board reinstated into buildroot. not until agreed flow when it comes to the board's ATF will exist.
>>
>> I'm using a board Le Potato
>> (https://libre.computer/products/boards/aml-s905x-cc) based on AML-S905X-CC.
>> Like for the Odroid-C2, Amlogic doesn't provide sources for the firmware and for
>> tools needed to create the bootloader image (only binaries are available).
>>
>> But an opensource tool has been made by reverse engineering:
>>
>> https://github.com/repk/gxlimg
>>
>> Maybe you can take a look at this tool and see if it can work for your board?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Romain
>>

>>> Dagg.
>>>

> I've looked into the repo a bit, first, the c2 is s905, not s905x. I'd imagine that matters.
> moreover, I've looked into the readme on how to build it, it looks the same like the vendor's flow, one still need to get bins from somewhere and compile two pkgs.
> I don't see how this changes the issue I'm facing?

I just found a recent blog post about odroidc2 built with Yocto using uboot
2019.01 and kernel 4.19:

https://jumpnowtek.com/odroid/Odroid-C2-Systems-with-Yocto.html

I haven't looked into all the details, but I guess if we can build and boot a
system built with Yocto we should be able to do the same with Buildroot.

For the hardware video acceleration, you can try with a Linux kernel 5.2 with
the lima driver and mesa3d 19.1.

I hope this help.

Best regards,
Romain