[Buildroot] [git commit] DEVELOPERS: drop odroidc2 from Dagg Stompler

Bernd Kuhls bernd.kuhls at t-online.de
Sat Aug 10 11:08:18 UTC 2019

Am Sat, 10 Aug 2019 07:50:08 +0200 schrieb daggs:

> Greetings,
>
>> Am Fri, 09 Aug 2019 14:37:48 +0200 schrieb Romain Naour:
>>
>> > So up to BR2_PACKAGE_KODI_PLATFORM_SUPPORTS_AML is related to the
>> > odroidc2 board (from the Buildroot packaging point of view) and
>> > should be removed too.
>> >
>> > Maybe KODI AML support can be used on other AML based board?
>
> as the board was dropped from the support list, I see no reason to keep
> this. in addition, I think that this board is fully supported without
> the need for external libs.

Hi,

sent http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/list/?series=124369

Kodi v19 will remove specific aml support as well:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16043#issuecomment-489331416
and encourages users to switch to gbm support:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16043#issuecomment-498054447

Libreelec switched amlogic support to mainline kernel as well:
https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/3536
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16043#issuecomment-498180789

In the end there is no reason for us to keep the old amlogic stuff alive.

Regards, bernd