[Buildroot] [RFC] package/python-mako: build host-python-mako as python3 module for mesa3d build.

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Sat Apr 13 18:31:05 UTC 2019

On 13/04/2019 18:54, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Alternatively, perhaps for host Python modules we should always install
> them for both host-python and host-python3 (if both are enabled, of
> course). The gotcha is that since we don't have any Config.in options
> for host packages, how can we know if host-python and/or host-python3
> are enabled ?

 We decided in February that having Config.in.host for all packages would add
too much complexity and confusion. We could, however, still do it for python/3
(just like we already have a few blind host package configs). By my count, 52
packages would have to be updated to select BR2_PACKAGE_HOST_PYTHON{,3}. That is
borderline doable, I think.

 The tricky part is detecting when we fail to do the select.

 Regards,
 Arnout