[Buildroot] How to change compiler to newer in old build-root

Carlos Santos casantos at datacom.com.br
Fri Jul 13 00:19:30 UTC 2018

In theory, yes, but you'd need to cherry-pick dozens of commits that
upgraded the compiler support. Notice also that old packages may not compile
with newer compilers.

> And if no how to switch to new version of buildroot automatically. Is it
> possible ?

If you didn't change buildroot itself, yes. If you have local changes you
need to rebase them to a recent version. The best approach is to use a
br2-external, as described in the user manual.

--
Carlos Santos (Casantos) - DATACOM, P&D
“Marched towards the enemy, spear upright, armed with the certainty