[Buildroot] SDL2+directfb combo does not work as built by buildroot-2018.02.3

Peter Thompson peter.macleod.thompson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 14:17:33 UTC 2018

Hi Peter

My original plan was to wait for the next SDL2 release thereby allowing
SDL2 to fix itself before updating the SDL2_VERSION in  buildroot.

Otherwise we have to change buildroot SDL2_VERSION to  point to the
temporary patched SDL2 source for download:
http://www.libsdl.org/tmp/SDL-2.0.zip
OR
somehow change buildroot to download this patch and apply it to the
downloaded SDL2-2.0.8 before compiling (I am not sure how to do this in
buildroot).

Then we would need to re-change this all back when the new release of SDL2
incorporates this patch.

..... unless I am missing something.....

Peter