[Buildroot] Setting BLUEZ5_UTILS_AUTORECONF=YES outside of bluez5_utls.mk

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Wed Aug 8 20:45:38 UTC 2018

On 08-08-18 21:51, Patrick Doyle wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 3:52 PM I <wpdster at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is it possible to set BLUEZ5_UTILS_AUTORECONF=YES outside of bluez5_utils.mk?

 As it happens, you can do it with local.mk (i.e. the file specified by
BR2_PACKAGE_OVERRIDE_FILE). It *happens* to work for bluez5_utils, because the
package .mk file doesn't set that variable at all.

 Doing the reverse would not be possible (i.e. avoid autoreconf'ing a package
that already sets _AUTORECONF to YES).

> I tried the following approach, and it worked.  I am curious to get
> some feedback regarding this, or perhaps a better way to do this:
>
> I have a custom package, FOO, with a foo.mk.  Inside foo.mk, I placed
>
> ifeq ($(BR2_PACKAGE_FOO),y)
> BLUEZ5_UTILS_PRE_CONFIGURE_HOOKS += AUTORECONF_HOOK

 You could do this unconditionally, and you could do it in external.mk instead.

 However, it is not sufficient, you also have to add host-automake etc. to
BLUEZ5_UTILS_DEPENDENCIES. And that doesn't work, because the package .mk file
overwrites that variable (so setting in local.mk has no effect), and in
external.mk it's already too late (because the variable is used immediately when
the autotools-package macro is expanded). This *happens* not to be a problem in
this case, because libglib2 is already autoreconf'ed so the dependencies are
already there.

 Regards,
 Arnout