[Buildroot] [git commit] xenomai: bump version to 3.0.3

Pawel Sikora sikor6 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 17:56:42 UTC 2017

Hi,

> Thomas Petazzoni wrote,
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 14:34:33 +0200, Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:
> >
> > > is this well tested?
> > > Simple uClibc-ng for ARM breaks with:
> > > obstack.c:103:24: fatal error: exitfail.h: No such file or directory
> >
> > I did do a build test (since I added a patch to make things build
> > properly), but I don't remember if it was a glibc or uClibc build.
> > Apparently, it was a glibc build.
> >
> > > I am not an Xenomai expert, just started experimenting with it, but
> > > I see no option to switch between "cobalt" and "mercury" mode.
> >
> > $ ./configure --help
> > [...]
> >   --with-core=<cobalt | mercury>
> >                           build for dual kernel or single image
> >

> I mean a switch inside buildroot. But I have seen your comment now,
> that it might be added later.

I am thinking right now about some good solution about configs regarding
choosing
Xenomai core. I will present a patch when it is ready and invite you for
the discussion ;-)

Regarding failing build with uClibc-ng on ARM I am not completely sure how
big will
be the effort to make it working... (it seems to be a case of _LIBC
definition inside
Xenomai package in lib/boilerplate/obstack.c:)

 # include <stdlib.h>
 # ifdef _LIBC
 int obstack_exit_failure = EXIT_FAILURE;
 # else
 #  include "exitfail.h"
 #  define obstack_exit_failure exit_failure
 # endif

but I will try to find if there is something more )

 I will try to look at it. Just don't know when - because of the studies,
but I will ;-)

Kind Regards,
Pawel