[Buildroot] Genimage last partition size issue

Matthew Weber matthew.weber at rockwellcollins.com
Tue May 24 15:26:08 UTC 2016

As noted in the partition options, size = 0 should cause the last
partition to take the rest of the space on the device.  However, when
I set size = 0 and then write the image to a SD card using "sudo dd
if=foo.img of=/dev/sdb", the rootfs partition only has 190M (the same
amount as when I don't use the size argument) when there is almost 4G
worth of space available.  I know the size argument works in general
as if I set the size to 3000M, the rootfs partition is 3000M after
writing it to the SD card.

Below is the config file for genimage that I am using.

--
Matthew L Weber / Pr Software Engineer
Airborne Information Systems / Security Systems and Software / Secure Platforms

Note: Any Export License Required Information and License Restricted
Third Party Intellectual Property (TPIP) content must be encrypted and
sent to matthew.weber at corp.rockwellcollins.com.