[Buildroot] init module i2c-dev automatically

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Mar 15 15:05:18 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 15:54:54 +0100, Óscar Gómez Fuente wrote:

> I'm using buildroot with Init System  busybox and /dev management: Dynamic
> using devtmpfs + eudev.
>
> How can I load the i2c-dev module automatically in the init?
>
> I'm trying to create the file /etc/modules with the line i2c-dev, but it
> doesn't work.

You need to create an init script that loads your module, or
alternatively reads /etc/modules and loads the modules listed in this
file. We don't have a mechanism that automatically loads such modules
(real device drivers are loaded automatically by udev, but i2c-dev is
kind of a special case).

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com