[Buildroot] Booting from cramfs image

Hajime Yamasaki Vukelic hayavuk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 10:22:06 UTC 2016

Thomas,

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 2:50 PM, Thomas Petazzoni
[SNIP]
> > If someone could give me pointers on how to debug or fix this, I would
> > greatly appreciate it.
>
> Well, it essentially means that your init program on your real root
> filesystem (in the cramfs image) does not work. Built for the wrong
> architecture variant, missing libraries, etc. Could be lots of things.

Ah, thanks, it hasn't occurred to me that would be the case. Is there
some way I can get useful output and maybe store it on the card for
debugging purposes?

> Also, why use a cramfs filesystem rather than the modern modern and
> efficient squashfs?

This is the first time I'm doing this type of setup, so simply lack of
experience, I guess. :)

-- Hajime