[Buildroot] Why is libbsd limited to ARM, x86 and x86_64?

Carlos Santos casantos at datacom.ind.br
Thu Feb 4 12:22:02 UTC 2016

> From: "Baruch Siach" <baruch at tkos.co.il>

OK, I was able to build libbsd and its dependent packages (libedit and netcat-openbsd) using br-nios2-glibc.config, as well as the following defconfigs: (some of them modified to use glibc instead of uClibc):

- qemu_aarch64_virt
- qemu_mips64_malta
- qemu_mips64el_malta
- qemu_mips_malta
- qemu_mipsel_malta
- qemu_sh4_r2d
- qemu_sparc64_sun4u
- qemu_sparc_ss10

The compilation for microblaze failed using br-microblazeel-full.config, taken from the autobuilder (build log saved at http://ur1.ca/ohak2). It also failed, for similar reasons using the existing defconfig's:

- qemu_microblazebe_mmu
- qemu_microblazeel_mmu
'
The compilation also failed using qemu_sh4eb_r2d_defconfig but I don't think it is a valid test, since I forced BR2_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT_GLIBC to "y".

So I think I should disable libbsd for the microblaze architecture, at least for the moment.

Carlos Santos (Casantos)
DATACOM, P&D