[Buildroot] Adding support for the Rust programming language

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Apr 11 09:31:12 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:13:45 +0200, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:

>   Unless of course you add a dependency on host-python or host-python3 (make
> sure you select the version that corresponds to the selected target python, to
> avoid unnecessarily building both). Since we can probably consider rust to be a
> big package, adding an addition host-python dependency is acceptable IMHO.

Indeed, adding host-python as a dependency is reasonable for something
big like Rust. Of course, if we can do without Python, fine. But I
really prefer a clean Python script that uses a proper json library,
rather than horrible sed expressions in an obfuscated shell script.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com