[Buildroot] [bug] bootwrapper runs before linking initrd

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Fri Sep 4 09:51:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

 > See http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2014-July/101052.html
 > for a possible solution. I remember we discussed this patch during the
 > Buildroot Summer camp, but I thought we had sent some comments for
 > Jeremy to improve the patch. But it seems it wasn't done. Arnout, do
 > you remember the conclusion of our discussion?

 > I must say I'm not thrilled by making such major changes to Buildroot
 > just for the sake of this very specific use-case. But we probably don't
 > have much choice.

I don't know any details of this boot wrapper, but perhaps we could
change the package to only build the host tool and simply ask people to
write a post-image script to invoke it with the correct arguments once
the build is completely done, similar to what we do for other custom
"post processing" tasks?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard