[Buildroot] Missing 'sys/queue.h' on musl

Sergio Prado sergio.prado at e-labworks.com
Mon Nov 30 15:07:36 UTC 2015

Hello All,

I'm not so familiar with the toolchain infrastructure, so I need some help
from buildroot wizards...:)

I have created a package called sys-queue that will only install queue.h on
the staging dir.

Then to make musl generated toolchain depends on sys-queue, I added the
following lines to toolchain/toolchain-buildroot/toolchain-buildroot.mk:

ifeq ($(BR2_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT_MUSL),y)
TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT_DEPENDENCIES += sys-queue
endif

It worked like a charm. Is this the correct approach?

Also, I am struggling to find out a way to do the same thing on the
external toolchain. Using the DEPENDENCIES approach, it will process the
sys-queue package before the external toolchain package, and it is best to
do it after. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sergio Prado
Embedded Labworks