[Buildroot] Analysis of build failures

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Tue May 5 15:50:06 UTC 2015

 > Dear Peter Korsgaard,
 > On Tue, 05 May 2015 17:22:32 +0200, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

 >> > Hello,
 >> > Simon, Pascal, Gustavo, Vicente, Max, Samuel, Bernd, look below, there
 >> > are some questions/tasks for you! :-)
 >>
 >> It would probably have been good to add them in To: then ;)

 > They were in Cc, but this stupid mailing list removes people from the
 > Cc: list when they are subscribed. My initial e-mail headers were:

Ahh, ok.

 > From: Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com>
 > To: buildroot at uclibc.org
 > Cc: Simon Dawson <spdawson at gmail.com>, Pascal Huerst
 > <pascal.huerst at gmail.com>, Gustavo Zacarias <gustavo at zacarias.com.ar>,
 > Vicente Olivert Riera <Vincent.Riera at imgtec.com>, Max Filippov
 > <jcmvbkbc at gmail.com>, Samuel Martin <s.martin49 at gmail.com>, Bernd
 > Kuhls <berndkuhls at hotmail.com>

 > If the mailing list configuration could be changed to not do this
 > stupid trimming of the Cc addresses, it would be great.

I had a look around, and according to this, it is because these users
have the nodupes option enabled:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1216960

As described below, I have changed the default for new subscribers to
NOT enable this option, but I don't know how to do it in any bulk way
for the current subscribers (and if people want that):

https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg37128.html

 >> > musl build problem. Yann has sent a patch to disable at on musl, but I
 >> > would actually prefer to fix at.
 >>
 >> Jörg mentioned that OE has a patch:
 >>
 >> http://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/91893/

 > So let's use it :-)

Yeah, will you send a patch? ;)

 >> > Gustavo, maybe? Has OpenSSL removed md2 support by default or something
 >> > like that?
 >>
 >> I believe it simply gets confused about something on the build host.

 > Yes, Gustavo has already submitted a patch.

Yes, applied already.

--
Venlig hilsen,
Peter Korsgaard