[Buildroot] Analysis of build failures

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sat Sep 6 20:25:33 UTC 2014

Hi,

 >> arm |                 host-gdb-7.6.2 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/03b15dde13d804e5b8b0df7f887ce0552c69fa6d/

 > configure: error: no termcap library found
 > Makefile:8229: recipe for target 'configure-gdb' failed

 > Seems like Nathaniel autobuilder does not have the ncurses development
 > libraries installed (also causing build failures in host-mysql, for
 > example). What is our policy regarding ncurses? I have it installed in
 > my autobuilder because I use it to run "make menuconfig". But it's true
 > it's not technically absolutely required to run a Buildroot build.

 > Should we add dependency on host-ncurses where appropriate? Or should
 > we make ncurses development files on the build machine a mandatory
 > dependency? What if the user uses only xconfig or gconfig?

Given how many people use menuconfig, I think we should just make
ncurses a mandatory dependency. Just about anybody doing embedded Linux
development needs them anyway to configure
barebox/linux/busybox/uclibc/ctng/..

If not, then we would also need to add host-ncurses to our
barebox/linux/busybox/uclibc-menuconfig targets.

 >> arm | make: *** [core-dependencie... | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/a42c4d1abdee3ee28048e68f28781d5914dcd23b/

 > Peter should move to the autobuild-run script.

Yeah, I'll work on it this weekend.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard