[Buildroot] Linux-Kernel-Version for using RTAI

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Nov 11 09:28:00 UTC 2014

Dear Spielmann Werner,

On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 09:12:14 +0000, Spielmann Werner wrote:

> > Well, what don't you look by yourself in the RTAI sources? :-)
>
> :-)  Good point. Sorry, I did but I was lost within the source...

No problem. At least now you have the right pointers to look by
yourself.

> > Plus we need more details such as which platform you are interested in
>
> Yes,  I didn't pay attention to the different platforms. I'm interested in the x86 architecture.

So, as you can see, with RTAI, the latest kernel version supported on
x86 is 3.8.x.

Xenomai has support for 3.8, 3.10 and 3.14 for the x86 architecture.

Best regards,

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com