[Buildroot] buildroot does not copy the C++ headers to sysroot

bart.thoelen at telenet.be bart.thoelen at telenet.be
Mon Nov 24 13:14:23 UTC 2014

Hi,

I successfully have created myself a basic kernel image and rootfs using buildoot (2014.08). Im using the codesourcery arm-xilinx-linux toolchain (2013.05) as an external toochain.

I'm trying to add a C++ (autotools-generated) project but this fails to compile with message "cc1plus: error: include location "/usr/include" is unsafe for cross-compilation [-Werror=poison-system-directories]".
The project compiles perfectly when manually configured for the toochain (hence not using buildroot).

After some debugging I found that the C++ headers have not copied from the external toolchain into the buildroot's output/host folder. The libs are there - very strangly.

As a test I made a make clean, configured buildroot to use and download the codesourcery toolchain 2013.05m but still the same issue.

What I'm doing wrong here ??

buildroot .confg and the projects .mk included.

Many thanks.

BartT