[Buildroot] Some files to be copied to root file systems such as openvpn keys, conf

Samuel Martin s.martin49 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 10:06:44 UTC 2014

Cem, all,

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 11:53 AM, cem akpolat <akpolatcem at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Samuel,
>
> The way that you explained is quite logical, however, I want to ask at that
> point what is the main reason behind the creation of the "Root Overlay",
> because for all packages and files , it is clearly seen that your defined
> method will work. for instance I can easily create a package called
> "toBeInstalledToRootFs" and then put all of them under this folder along
> with an appropriate Makefile.

Unfortunately, you hit a limitation of the "Root Overlay": files are
copied, but permissions are not set.

AFAIK, there is no way to set permissions on files outside a package's
*.mk files :-(
However, a package can set permission on any target files, even on
files provided by another package.

Regards,

--
Samuel