[Buildroot] My own init. How?

Lennart Ramberg ramberg.lennart at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 08:37:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

I built a system successfully and used grub-bios-setup;
$ sudo ./output/host/usr/sbin/grub-bios-setup -b
./output/host/usr/lib/grub/i386-pc/boot.img -c ./output/images/grub.img -d
. /dev/sdX
I have disabled the 'Run a getty (login prompt) after boot.'

When my targetsystem thus has booted, I get a blank line.
Typing echoes to the display including pressing Enter giving a new blank
line.
That seems well, though I don't know what to expect to see from Busybox
init.

Now, I want to try my own init, a 'Hello, world'. Busybox FAQ says: '...
boot your device with an "init=" argument pointing to your hello world
program'.
How do I do that?

Thanks
Lennart