[Buildroot] Qt 5.0.2 with OpenSSL

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Oct 8 08:48:58 UTC 2013

Dear Espen Frimann Koren,

On Tue, 8 Oct 2013 10:43:17 +0200, Espen Frimann Koren wrote:

> When both BR2_PACKAGE_QT5BASE_NETWORK and BR2_PACKAGE_OPENSSL are set,
> something fails in the linking of libQt5Network.so that is related to
> OpenSSL.

Do you have the exact error message?

> I do not have time to figure out why, but suggest the
> following change so that you do not have to compile Qt with OpenSSL
> support even if you include OpenSSL in your build:
>
> In package/qt5/qt5base/Config.in:
>
> if BR2_PACKAGE_QT5BASE_NETWORK
> config BR2_PACKAGE_QT5BASE_OPENSSL
>   bool "use openssl"
>   depends on BR2_PACKAGE_OPENSSL
>   default BR2_PACKAGE_OPENSSL
>   help
>     This option toggles use of OpenSSL in Qt5
>
> And in package/qt5/qt5base/qt5base.mk:
> Change BR2_PACKAGE_OPENSSL to BR2_PACKAGE_QT5BASE_OPENSSL (around
> lines 113 and 114)

Right, but for OpenSSL support, we generally want it to be enabled
automatically when the OpenSSL package is selected. The current
implementation is in fact a "feature", and the real fix is to
understand what build failure you're getting and make sure Qt5 can link
properly against OpenSSL.

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com