[Buildroot] Speeding up builds

Dallas Clement dallas.a.clement at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 19:41:28 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas,

It's BR2_JLEVEL=0, and I have confirmed that when make is invoked it is -j
16  (8 cores X 2) on my build system.

I have tried ccache, ran into problems, and ended up aborting.  I may pick
up that effort again.

My focus right now is reducing the build time for a fresh clean build with
no caching or exisiting object files.

That's a bummer about the configure steps being serialized.  I have
observed this as well.

Thanks,

Dallas