[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2013-01-28

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jan 29 19:59:56 UTC 2013

Dear Gilles Talis,

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 11:46:08 -0800, Gilles Talis wrote:

> Thanks a lot for this clear explanation. This answer my questions.
> Process seems fair enough to me. My only question for the moment
> would be how do we make sure two (or more) people are not working on
> fixing the same issue? If I want to fix a specific failure, should I
> send an email to everyone saying "hey, I am working on build failure
> X"? What is the usual process here?

As I said there is no formal process. Many build fixes are quite simple
to fix, so we just fix it and send a patch, that's it. Since the fix is
quick enough to do, there isn't a very big chance that someone else is
working on it.

For more complex cases, we send an e-mail, typically in reply to the
autobuilder e-mail, quoting the relevant build failure, and saying that
we're working on it.

Best regards,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com