[Buildroot] generate uImage file

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Dec 18 09:46:44 UTC 2013

Dear Ron Eggler,

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 21:50:50 +0000, Ron Eggler wrote:

> I just changed my buildroot config to generate a uImage file. I then
> did a "make clean" followed by a make but for both I get:
> linux/linux.mk:339: *** No kernel configuration file specified, check
> your BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_CUSTOM_CONFIG_FILE setting.  Stop.
>
> What does this mean? How do I fix this to compile again?

You have selected the choice of providing a kernel configuration file
to configure the kernel, but you did not give Buildroot the path to
this file with the BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_CUSTOM_CONFIG_FILE configuration
option.

If you think something is not working well, please provide your
complete Buildroot .config file.

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com