[Buildroot] Analysis of build failures

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 15:12:14 UTC 2013

Hi Jérôme,

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Jérôme Pouiller <jezz at sysmic.org> wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> On 2013-08-28 09:08, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> [...]
>
>>>     x86_64 |               strongswan-5.0.4 | NOK |
>>> http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/a637f916962b6136dd6dd4f4b9ff4e1cab568ef3/
>>

>> utils/backtrace.c:23:23: fatal error: execinfo.h: No such file or
>> directory
>>
>> uClibc doesn't have execinfo.h by default. Proper testing should be
>> added in strongswan code. Jérôme, can you have a look at this?
>

> I track down this error for some time but I can't reproduce it.
>
> There is a test in ./configure that disable inclusion of execinfo.h if
> backtrace()
> is not found. When re-run autobuilder configuration, this check is correctly
> executed and execinfo.h is not included.
>
> Is anyone else can reproduce it?

I also cannot reproduce it. In my test build HAVE_BACKTRACE is set to
1 in config.h, and in the configure output I see:

checking for library containing backtrace... none required
checking for backtrace... yes

Thomas, can you save the strongswan build output somewhere, or check
the output of the above checks and the value of HAVE_BACKTRACE ?

Thanks,