[Buildroot] kernel patches suggestion : series file ->make it a variable

Sagaert Johan sagaert.johan at skynet.be
Fri Aug 16 20:04:24 UTC 2013

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Thomas Petazzoni [mailto:thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com]
Verzonden: vrijdag 16 augustus 2013 12:57
Aan: Sagaert Johan
CC: buildroot at busybox.net
Onderwerp: Re: [Buildroot] kernel patches suggestion : series file ->make it a variable

Dear Sagaert Johan,

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 12:19:13 +0200, Sagaert Johan wrote:

> Now I use a 'series'  file in my board directory to specify what patches that should be applied to the kernel.
> I would love to see a menu entry where I can specify what list of
> patches that should be applied.(default value :series)

What's the difference between what you're asking and the already existing BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_PATCH configuration option?

Hi

Also works, but it gives long lines in the menu if you have more than 5 patches that have relative path's.
(eg board/karo/tx53/linux-3.4.58/firmware.patch  ......)
Is just a bit difficult to see the full list then.

Regards, Johan

config BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_PATCH
        string "Custom kernel patches"
        help
          A space-separated list of patches to apply to the
          kernel. Each patch can be described as an URL, a local file
          path, or a directory. In the case of a directory, all files
          matching linux-*.patch in the directory will be applied.

Best regards,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
Kernel, drivers, real-time and embedded Linux development, consulting, training and support.
http://free-electrons.com