[Buildroot] Buildroot Developer Day, Friday 3rd February, Brussels

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Jan 25 12:57:07 UTC 2012

Hello,

Le Wed, 25 Jan 2012 12:03:12 +0100,
Thomas De Schampheleire <patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Some topics we could discuss:
>
> - status of some things that were discussed on the previous BDD
> -- send-patches
> -- testing infrastructure
> -- crosstool-ng integration
> -- documentation migration
> -- out-of-tree builds
> -- website update
> -- maintenance process / patchwork
> -- relocatable toolchain
>
> - things that may need further discussion:
> -- license stuff (report generation, ...)
> -- finalization of Acked-by / Signed-off-by / Reviewed-by discussion.
> We talked about this before, but as far as I know there was no final
> decision as to: we'll do it this way.
>
> - future directions for buildroot
> -- deprecate customize package
> -- ...
>
> I'll let you know if I think of other things.

Sounds like a good start. However, I fear that on most topics, no much
progress has been made since the Prague BDD. But this upcoming BDD will
gather more developers, so probably we'll be able to spread the
development effort a bit more, and it's good to make a status on items
that were discussed in previous meetings.

Best regards,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com