[Buildroot] Segmentation faults after gcc update

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Sep 27 21:36:38 UTC 2011

Le Tue, 27 Sep 2011 10:04:12 +0200,
Sven Neumann <s.neumann at raumfeld.com> a écrit :

> What could possibly be wrong here? Is there anything else I need to
> change when changing the version of gcc?

Other questions:

 * Is your CPU-specific compiler flags properly set ? Maybe they were
   slightly wrong but working with gcc 4.3, and they no longer generate
   appropriate code for your CPU with gcc 4.6. What is your CPU ? What
   CPU-specific compiler flags are you using ?

 * Did you try to do 'ulimit -c unlimited' before running one of those
   binaries, and then inspect the resulting core file ?

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com