[Buildroot] Getting Kconfig menu right

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jul 28 06:48:50 UTC 2011

Le Thu, 28 Jul 2011 00:30:22 +0300,
Avishay Orpaz <avishorp at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I'm trying to add python-fuse to buildroot. I have the makefile
> working, but there is only one little problem left. I would like the
> option for python-fuse to show up as a sub-item of libfuse, only when
> libfuse is checked. It should be similar, for example, to lua - when
> selected, some relevant sub-options appear as sub-items in the
> xconfig menu. I looked very closely on the lua Config.in, but found
> nothing that tells Kconfig to show all the options as a sub-items.
> How can I do this?

If python-fuse is a separate package of libfuse, then there is no way
python-fuse can be a suboption of libfuse. You can only make
python-fuse not visible when libfuse is disabled and make it visible
when libfuse is visible. You'd need a package/python-fuse/Config.in
file that looks like this :

config BR2_PACKAGE_PYTHON_FUSE
	bool "python-fuse"
	depends on BR2_PACKAGE_LIBFUSE