[Buildroot] [git commit master 1/1] Use sys-root rather than sysroot for the sysroot/staging_dir

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Tue Jan 25 21:39:36 UTC 2011

Peter, All,

On Tuesday 25 January 2011 16:08:50 Peter Korsgaard wrote:
> The name of the sysroot directory is arbitrary, but as ct-ng uses sys-root,
> let's use that as well for consistency.

As Thomas said on IRC, I would suggest to revert this. Is there anything
in BR that depends on the sysroot being named 'sysroot' or 'sys-root' at all,
or was that just an eye-candy change? (genuine question)

I will push the change in crosstool-NG that makes this configurable, and
the default is now 'sysroot', instead of the old hard-coded 'sys-root'.

Then, it will be a matter of taste what to set it to, with BR forcing it
to whatever suits (I believe just 'sysroot').

Also, note that not all toolchains set this to any of 'sysroot' or 'sys-root'.
For example, the CodeSourcery toolchains set this to 'libc' for the main
sysroot, and to libc/${variant} for each supported variant's sysroot.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.